1. Preheat oven to 425°F
2. In a bowl toss apples and lemon juice.
3. Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and both sugars. Add to apples and coat well.
4. Fill pastry lined 9 inch pie plate with apple mixture. Dot with butter.
5. Add second crust on top. Cut slits to vent and seal edges tight with a fork.
6. In a small bowl beat egg yolk and add the milk. Brush mixture over top crust.
7. Bake at 425°For for 15 mins. Then reduce oven temperature to 350°F for another 40 to 45 mins or until crust is golden brown.
This recipe is yummy and simple. With a store bought crust it still tastes homemade and you don't have to worry about anything setting which makes it simple. It's also very flexible add more or less apples depending on how full you like pies. Add more or less spice to taste. Add nuts or Graham crackers if that's your taste. Just have fun with it!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (35g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 49 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.4g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 34mg||10 %|
|Sodium 31.3mg||1 %|
|Potassium 45mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.2g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 13.8g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 106
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.