Prepare pastry dough:
1. Into medium bowl, measure flour, margarine or butter, sugar, salt. and 2 tablespoons cold water. With fingertips mix together just until blended, adding more water, 1 teaspoon at a time, if needed.
2. Press dough onto bottom and upside of 9-inch tan pan with removable bottom; refrigerate.
3. Prepare filling: Peel and core 3 apples; cut into chunks. In blender, combine 1/4 cup water with about one-third of apple chunks; cover and blend at high speed until apples are pureed. Add remaining apple chunks, a third at a time; blend until smooth.
4. Pour pureed apples into 3-quart saucepan; stir in 1/2 cup apricot preserves and 2 table-spoons sugar. Over high heat, heat to boiling. Reduce heal to medium-high; cook, uncovered, about 20 minutes until applesauce is very thick, stirring frequently.
5. Peel remaining 3 apples. Cut each apple lengthwise into quarters; remove cores
6. Cut each apple quarter lengthwise to 1/8-inch-thick slices.
7. In large bowl, gently toss apple slices with lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
8. Preheat oven to 400°F. Fill tart shell with applesauce and cover ·with apple slices—arranging apple slices, closely overlapping, in small circle in center of applesauce filling. Arranging remaining apple slices: Place remaining apple slices, closely overlapping, in large circle around first small circle, to completely cover applesauce and filling shell.
9. Bake tart 45 minutes or until apple slices are tender and browned. Remove pan to wire rack.
10. With spoon, press remaining apricot preserves through sieve into small saucepan: over medium heat, heat to boiling. Cook 2 minutes or longer or until preserves are thick enough to coat a spoon. Brush preserves evenly over apple slices. Cool tart in pan on wire rack.
11. Garnish with sliced cherries, remove side of pan and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (175g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 67 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.4g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.4g||22 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 18.6mg||6 %|
|Sodium 21.3mg||1 %|
|Potassium 168.3mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46.7g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 43.6g|
|Protein 2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 248
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!