o 1/2 cup dried apricots
o 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
o 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin, plus
o 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
o 1/4 cup cold water
o 2 tablespoons lemon juice
o 3/4 cup sugar, plus
o 2 tablespoons sugar
o 3 cups plain low-fat yogurt, divided in half
o 3 egg whites
o 3 oranges, thinly sliced
1. Spray a 8-inch ring mold with nonfat cooking spray. (Use one with a fairly large center opening so a bowl can be set in center of Bavarian when it is removed from the mold).
2. Cook apricots in orange juice concentrate, in small saucepan, until tender.
3. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in heatproof cup and let stand 5 minutes.
4. Place cup in small saucepan with hot water and set over moderate heat, until gelatin dissolves, about 5 minutes. Stir gelatin occasionally.
5. Put apricot-orange mixture, 3/4 cup sugar, gelatin mix, lemon juice and 1 1/2 cup yogurt in a blender. Blend well.
6. Beat pasteurized egg whites in bowl until frothy. While beating, gradually add 2 tablespoon sugar and beat until peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into apricot mixture. Do not over mix.
7. Spoon mixture into ring mold and cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
8. To serve, remove plastic and unmold onto plate. Arrange orange slices around outside and put remaining yogurt in a bowl and set in center of ring. Spoon yogurt beside each serving of Bavarian.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (270g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 19 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.1g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.2g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 7.3mg||2 %|
|Sodium 8240.8mg||284 %|
|Potassium 743.2mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.9g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 34.9g|
|Protein 10.9g||16 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 204
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!