Crisp and chewy, this bar is a good-for-you alternative to store-bought cereal bars. The secret ingredient, silken tofu, will give your day a protein-packed start. The recipe also works with other fruit-and-nut combinations.
1. Preheat oven to 350?F. Coat a large (15 1/4-by-10 1/4-inch) jellyroll-style pan with cooking spray.
2. Spread oats and walnuts on a baking sheet with sides. Bake until fragrant and light golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and add puffed cereal, dried apricots, flour and salt; stir to combine.
3. Meanwhile, puree tofu, egg, oil, honey, vanilla and lemon zest in a food processor or blender until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Make a well in the center of the oat mixture; fold in the tofu mixture until combined. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
4. Bake until firm in the center and golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into bars with a sharp knife.
* Make Ahead Tip: Individually wrap in plastic and keep at room temperature for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw at room temperature or remove plastic, wrap in a paper towel and defrost according to your microwave's directions.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (43g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 96 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.6g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.8g|
|Cholesterol 13.2mg||4 %|
|Sodium 30.7mg||1 %|
|Potassium 91.1mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.1g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 19.2g|
|Protein 3.6g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 190
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!