1. Pour enough oil in a heavy large saucepan to reach the depth of 3 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat to 365 degrees F.
2. It is critical that the risotto be at room temperature and should be firm not real creamy. If the risotto was just made spread it onto a half sheet plan to cool for 2 hours at room temperature. If you Make the risotto ahead of time and place the pan in the refrigerator then it must be removed at least 4 hours prior to cooking. It must be room temperature before frying , If the rice is cold then the cheese will not melt when frying. After cooling the risotto should be firm. If The risotto is to loose or creamy then the balls will be hard to form. If this is the case sprinkle a little flour over the surface of the risotto and mix until the loose cream absorbs the flour and the risotto is still slightly wet. When adding flour use just a little bit. Don't dry the Risotto out because the cream is the binder and with the egg it holds the arancini to gether. If to wet if=t will flatten.
3.) Mix beaten egg into risotto and set aside Mix parmesan, Chopped parsley and bread crumbs in a large bowl to combine. If not using Progresso Bread crumbs or equal, make sure the breads crumbs are ground fine and browned in a dry skillet.
4. ) Prepare your dredging station. Place a shallow bowl for the flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
5. ) Wet both your hands under running water or in a bowl of water. Using about 2 tablespoons of the risotto mixture form into a 1- 3/4-inch-diameter ball. Place the scooped risotto in the palm of you hand and press it into a round disc about 4" in diameter.
6.) Place 2-3 cubes of mozzarella and a small scoop of filing into the center of each ball. Gently roll the edges of the Risotto mixture to cover the filling . If the risotto does not fully cover the filling then pinch a bit of risotto from trey and press it in to fill in the gap. Gently roll the the risotto in your hands and bring it all together. If the arancini seems firm then you can set it on a trey and do the others. If the arancini seems a little loose and won't hold its shape then I suggest rolling it in the flour first then set on the trey before dredging. Wet you hands again and continue rolling the arancini until all the risotto is used.
7.) If the arancini was rolled previously in the flour to firm up then skip the flour dredge and roll the balls in the egg mixture and then in the bread crumbs to coat. Place on a half sheet pan. After dredging all the arancini make sure the temperature of the oil is at 365 before frying. Depending on pot or fryer I normally cook 2 no more than 3. need to be careful not to let the temperature of the frying oil drop below 350 .
8. Working in batches, add the rice balls to the hot ail and cook until brown and heated through, turning them as necessary, about 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon or a spider, transfer the rice balls to paper towels to drain. Season with salt. Verify frying temperature before adding the next batch. Continue until all are fried or let rest 2 minutes and Serve hot.
1.) Arancini 's can be filled with any filling you desire. You can fill them with Just cheese or mixture different melting cheeses. You can fill them with browned Italian sausage removed from casing and crumbled into 3/8" pieces coated in suga. You can also fill them with fillings are 1/4" sliced meatballs, prosciutto wrapped mozzarella or sautéed mushroom's and more. Be creative.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (74g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 59 (26%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.6g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 82.7mg||25 %|
|Sodium 658.8mg||23 %|
|Potassium 107.3mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31.7g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 30.4g|
|Protein 10.8g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 229
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!