1. In large deep skillet on medium heat, add olive oil.
2. Add garlic, infuse oil for approximately 5 minutes, remove garlic.
3. Reduce heat to low.
4. Add onions, capers, olives, lemon juice, anchovies, chilis, tomato paste. Combine.
5. Add crushed tomatoes and all artichoke hearts, combine.
6. Simmer on low to medium heat 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently.
7. Make sure no large chunks of artichoke or other ingredients remain (crush with spoon as you stir).
8. Remove caponata from pan and chill in refrigerator at least 3 hours.
9. Slice Italian salami and parmesan blocks as suggested.
10. Assembly: a) place salami round first b) top with small flat square of parmesan c) either spoon or pipe the caponata atop that d) finish with sliced marinated olive.
Use artichoke hearts, not bottoms, for best texture. Make sure to buy a type of parmesan cheese that is less likely to crumble when slicing.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (69g)|
|Recipe Makes: 45 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 11 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.2g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0.4mg||0 %|
|Sodium 57mg||2 %|
|Potassium 130.4mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.7g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 2.1g|
|Protein 1.1g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 27
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!