1) Blend flour, eggs, salt & water until mixture just begins to form a ball.
2) Add more water by the drop if dough is too dry (dough should be firm, not sticky).
3) Process for 15 seconds more to knead.
4) Transfer to floured surface, let stand covered with inverted bowl for 1hr. (lets gluten relax, makes rolling easier)
1) Mound Flour on work surface, preferably wooden and make well in center.
2) Add eggs, salt and water to well.
3) Using Fork gently beat eggs and water until combined.
4) Gradually stir in enough flour to form a paste. Pull in flour closest to egg mixture. Be careful not to make opening in outer wall of well.
5) Knead remaining flour into mixture with hands to form dough, adding water by the drop if dough is too dry (dough should be firm not sticky).
6) Knead dough until smooth and elastic, approx 8-10mins.
7) Cover with an inverted bowl, let stand 1hr ( to make rolling easier).
1) Heat Butter in a 12" Heavy Skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides. Saute Onion, stirring occasionally until golden. Approx 6mins.
2) Add artichoke hearts, saute. Stirring occasionally until tender. Approx 8-10mins.
3) Remove from heat, cool slightly.
4) Transfer all but 3/4c Artichoke mixture to cleaned bowl of processor (reserve remainder in skillet), add Cheese, parsley, yolk, lemon juice, salt, pepper & nutmeg. Pulse until mixture is coarsely chopped.
ROLL PASTA/MAKE RAVIOLI:
1) Cut dough into 4pcs, flatten each piece into a rough rectangle. Cover rectangles with inverted large bowl.
2) Set rollers of pasta machine to widest setting.
3) Lightly dust one rectangle with flour and feed through rollers. (leave remaining rectangles under bowl)
Fold rectangle in half and feed it folded end first through rollers 7 or 8 more times, folding each time and feeding folded end first. Dust with flour as needed to prevent sticking.
4) Turn dial to next narrower setting and feed dough through rollers without folding.
5) Continue feeding dough through rollers once at each narrower setting, without folding until reaching narrowest setting.
6) Final sheet should be approx 2' long and 4" wide
7) Lay sheet on floured work surface and drop 6 (1 1/2tsp) mounds of filling down the center of half of sheet approx 1 1/2 inches apart
8) Brush Egg Wash around each mound
9) Fold other half of sheet over filling
10) Press down firmly around each mound, forcing out air. (air pockets increase chance of ravioli breaking during cooking)
11) Cut Pasta between mounds with cutter into 3-inch rounds.
12) Line large baking dish with a clean kitchen towel (not terry cloth), dust towel with flour, arrange Ravioli in 1 layer on it
13) Using 1 sheet at a time finish making Ravioli with rest of dough and filling, transferring filled pieces to lined pan
14) Put oven rack at center position
15) preheat to 350
16) Lightly butter baking dish
17) Bring 6-8qt pot of water to boil on stove
18) Add ravioli carefully stirring to separate, adjusting heat to keep water at gentle boil. Cook until pasta is just tender. Approx 6mins.
19) Transfer with slotted spoon to a colander
ASSEMBLE & BAKE DISH:
1) While Ravioli boils, reheat reserved artichoke mixture in skillet with butter over moderately high heat. Add tomatoes and water. Cook, stirring until tomatoes are softened. Approx 5mins.
2) Transfer half Ravioli to baking dish, top with half artichoke mixture,half cream, half cheese. Repeat with other half of four items. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
3) Bake uncovered until Ravioli heated through and cream bubbling. Approx 15mins.
Dough can be made but not rolled out 4hrs ahead and chilled tightly wrapped in plastic wrap.
Ravioli can be made but not cooked 4hrs ahead and chilled in lined baking pan, covered.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (940g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 808 (71%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 89.8g||120 %|
|Saturated Fat 48.6g||243 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 27.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.1g|
|Cholesterol 1256.1mg||386 %|
|Sodium 667mg||23 %|
|Potassium 1887.9mg||50 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 49.6g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 19g||76 %|
|Sugars, other 30.7g|
|Protein 45.2g||65 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1141
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!