1. Wash artichokes; trim stems. Cut off 1 in from tops of artichokes; cut off sharp leaf tips; Brush cut edges with lemon juice to prevent browning.
2. Place artichokes in large pot of boiling water (artichokes should be completely covered with water).
3. Cook, covered, 25 to 35 min or until leaf pulls off easily from artichoke. Drain artichokes upside down 10-15 min.
4. Stir together mayonnaise, green onions, 1 tbs lemon juice, mustard and horseradish in small bowl.
5. Spoon dip into serving bowl; serve with artichokes.
Curry Mayonnaise- omit mustard; stir in 2 teaspoons curry powder and 1 teaspoon chutney
Garlic Mayonnaise- Omit mustard; stir in 2 garlic cloves, minced, and 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
Herb Mayonnaise- Omit mustard; stir in 2 tablespoons nonfat milk and 1/2 t each: dill weed, dried basil leaves; crushed and dried rosemary, crushed.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (42g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 24.5mg||1 %|
|Potassium 117mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.9g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 1.5g|
|Protein 1.2g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 22
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!