A perfect salad for late Summer that uses mulling spices to bridge the gap into the coming cooler weather.
1. In a dry, nonstick pan over medium heat, toast the almonds until dark brown and fragrant. Remove and set aside.
2. Add 1 T olive oil to the same pan. Working in batches, fry the prosciutto until crisp and golden brown. Set each piece onto paper towels to drain and cool. Add more olive oil as needed.
3. Once all the prosciutto is done cooking, add a couple more T olive oil to the pan, add the chopped garlic and whole cloves, and remove from the heat. Allow to come down in temperature for a few minutes before transferring to a heat safe bowl and putting in the fridge to finish cooling.
4. In a small bowl which together the mayonnaise, vinegar, dijon mustard, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg. Once the olive oil has cooled to around room temperature, discard the cloves and whisk the oil and garlic into the dressing until uniform. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. In a large bowl add the arugula, shaved fennel, crumbled cheese and toasted almonds. Crumble the prosciutto and add it as well, and toss together with just enough of the vinaigrette to coat the greens but not so much that it pools in the bottom of your bowl.
Serve and Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (102g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 282 (85%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31.4g||42 %|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.2g|
|Cholesterol 30.2mg||9 %|
|Sodium 384.1mg||13 %|
|Potassium 239.5mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 6.7g|
|Protein 5.2g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 332
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.