1. Combine the sauce ingredients together in a medium saucepan. Measure out 3 tablespoons and add to a large mixing bowl. Set aside the saucepan. To the mixing bowl, lightly beat in the egg white and add chicken pieces. Mix well.
2. In a large zip-top freezer bag, combine the cornstarch, panko crumbs, salt, and black pepper. Add the chicken and shake well to coat.
3. Cook Chicken (see below)
4. While the chicken is cooking, heat saucepan with sauce on medium high. Allow to bubble and thicken while whisking and turn off the heat. Taste and adjust seasonings to what you prefer - add additional lemon for tangier, honey for sweeter and Sriracha for spicier, if desired.
For the Baked Version:
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Place chicken in a single layer on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until chicken is cooked, flipping once in between. Turn oven to broil for 2-3 minutes or until chicken pieces turn light brown on top and crisp up. Watch your chicken closely so it doesn't burn.
2. Remove chicken from oven and toss together with heated lemon sauce, coating well.
3. Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and serve immediately with rice or noodles, if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (734g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 129 (11%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.4g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.2g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.9g|
|Cholesterol 263.8mg||81 %|
|Sodium 1670.5mg||58 %|
|Potassium 1459.7mg||38 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 127.3g||37 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 122.2g|
|Protein 119.9g||171 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1140
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!