This is a GREAT appetizer that is very simple to prepare.
1. Soak onion slivers in buttermilk.
2. Toss onion slivers in seasoned flour.
3. Deep fry onion slivers in batches; set aside on paper towels.
4. Preheat grill to medium heat. Brush tuna steaks with olive oil; season with pepper, if desired.
5. Grill tuna 1 - 2 minutes on each side; best served with outside seared for colour, and center still cold.
6. Place spinach in large bowl. Add cabbages, carrots and onions; mix lightly. Add dressing; toss to coat. Place on service platter. Cut tuna into slices; place on top of salad. Garnish with
The key is to have access to quality sushi-grade tuna, and to only sear it for colour on the outside - the center of the tuna should still be cold after searing!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (230g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 21 (8%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.3g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 29mg||9 %|
|Sodium 78mg||3 %|
|Potassium 615.1mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.9g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 34.4g|
|Protein 18.8g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 250
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.