1. Oven to 350?
2. Lay out 1 sheet of the dough so the long edge is parallel to to the end of your work area
3. Generously brush the dough with the melted butter carefully so it does not tear
4. Sprinkle with some of the cheese
5. Lay another sheet of the dough over the first sheet and repeat steps 3-4
6. Fold dough in ? from top to botton, brush with butter and sprinkle with cheese
7. Repeat steps 2-6
8. Place asparagus spears on one of the prepared dough sheets, leaving approx ?" on each end of the dough and below each stalk; heads of the asparagus poking out
9. Brush entire asparagus stalk with melted butter
10. Cover asparagus with the remaining dough "blanket" so the heads are polking out
11. Cut between each asparagus stalk with a sharp knife of pizza cutter
12. Firmly press dough down on all edges, between each stalk, and along the bottom
13. Bake on a cookie sheet covered with parchment or sprayed with cooking spray, approx 15 mins or until the dough has browned
14. Serve while hot
*Keep filo dough under a dampened towel so that it does not dry out
*May be made a few hours ahead: Store in refrigerator on a baking sheet covered with plastic wrap
*If asparagus is thick, blanch in boiling water for a minute or two and drop into an ice bath. Be sure the asparagus is dry before puttng it onto the dough
*Serving size depends on how many will be eating (figure 3-4 per person)
*May be made with broccoli spears as well - blanching is a must
*Fontina cheese is also good in this recipe
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (64g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 141 (90%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.7g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.8g||49 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 40.5mg||12 %|
|Sodium 37.9mg||1 %|
|Potassium 10mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.9g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 3.8g|
|Protein 0.7g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 157
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!