Prepare the marinade. Combine mirepoix, thyme, bay leaf and Coke Zero in medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Let cool, and pour over braised beef. Allow beef to marinate for at least 6 to 8 hours, ideally overnight.
2. In the meantime, prepare cilantro vinaigrette and chipotle aioli.
3. For the vinaigrette, combine chopped garlic, shallots, lemon juice, lime juice, cumin, rice vinegar, cilantro and honey in a blender. Blend until smooth, slowly adding oil to emulsify dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Store until tacos are ready.
4. For the aioli, place chipotles into a blender. Squeeze lime juice into chipotle can to rinse out any residual adobo paste, and then pour into blender. Blend for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth. Pour mixture into a large bowl, add mayonnaise, and whisk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper; store until tacos are ready.
5. To prepare the beef, remove from marinade and dry on towels. Strain mirepoix and remaining ingredients from liquid and discard. Reserve liquid.
6. Season meat with salt and pepper, sear until brown on all sides, and then remove the meat from the pan.
7. Brown and caramelize mirepoix, thyme and bay leaf. Add meat back to the pan, then pour Coke Zero marinade over the meat to create a shallow braise. Ensure the meat is not completely covered.
8. Cover the pan with foil, and place in the oven. Heat oven to 275 to 300 degrees Fahrenheit, and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Remove foil, and add Coke Zero. Continue cooking, turning meat every 15 minutes, for 1 more hour.
9. Remove from oven, take meat from pan, strain mirepoix and save. Degrease liquid, and blend remaining liquid with mirepoix to create reheating sauce.
10. Warm tortillas. Place 2 oz. of braised beef on each tortilla. Using a squirt bottle, drizzle chipotle aioli on top of the meat. Top tacos with green lettuce and add cilantro vinaigrette.
11. Garnish with tortilla strips and a lime wedge, and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (845g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 453 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 50.3g||67 %|
|Saturated Fat 25.5g||127 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.6g|
|Cholesterol 151.4mg||47 %|
|Sodium 1106.8mg||38 %|
|Potassium 1752.2mg||46 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 97.5g||29 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 93.1g|
|Protein 40.8g||58 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 990
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!