Rinse beans well
Quick soak beans according to package (or place in large pot and add water 2 inches above beans, bring to a boil, cover and remove fom heat, let soak for 1 hour)
In crockpot: 1. Add all ingredients except lime juice and olive oil to pot and cook until beans reach desired softness (approx.4 hrs)
2. Season with more salt and pepper to taste and add lime juice
On stove top: 1.Heat olive oil in large pot
2. Add miropoix and garlicand saute on med-hi heat until onions appear translucent (5 mins)
3. Add all remaining ingredients except cilantro and lime juice and bring too boil
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins then add cilantro and continue simmering for 15 more mins.
5. Finish with lime juice and enjoy
Adding cilantro and line towards the end preserves flavor and really elevates this amazing soup
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (33g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 32 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.6g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 22.2mg||1 %|
|Potassium 77.2mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.3g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 4.9g|
|Protein 0.5g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 53
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!