1. Freshly grate 2 small potatoes & optional onion onto a plate or chopping board.
2. Crush or chop finely 1 clove of garlic. Mix togethger with fingers.
3. Season to taste, approx pich salt & as much pepper as you like.
4. Heat large pan ot barbeque to medium - medium high heat (I usually do this while I am grating).
5. Add olive oil (it will lightly smoke a little) add an optional 1/2 teaspoon of butter quickly & sloose around by tipping the pan in all directions or with a flat spatula.
6. Quickly drop fingerfuls of the mixture evenly spaced around the pan. DON NOT BE TEMPTED to PRESS THEM DOWN. When the edges start to turn golden brown, with a sharp edged spatula or eggflip, gently flip each pattie when crispy, if they crumble & are not starting to crisp up just let them cook a little longer & gently ingcrease the heat or scoot them to a hotter part of the pan. Flip when crispy & repeat. Cook fo a further couple of minutes in a non oily part of the pan & let oil drain.
Serve as a replacement for toast with eggs the way you love them, or as alternative to your traditional potato side dish. Can also be made as smaller patties as a base (biscuit replacement) for Hors dOeurves when cooked until crispy all the way through.
This is a nice light verison of the traditional hash brown as it doesn't need egg or flour as a binder for those who don't like a heavy breakfast. Use as a replacement for toast with eggs the way you love them, or as an alternative to your traditional potato side dish. Can also be made as smaller patties as a base (biscuit replacement) for Hors dOeurves when cooked until crispy all the way through.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (271g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2|
|Calories from Fat: 18 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 15.4mg||1 %|
|Potassium 986.4mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 43g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||23 %|
|Sugars, other 37.3g|
|Protein 5g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 204
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.