This homestyle ground beef casserole will make your taste buds beyond excited. It's simple to make and a mouthwatering supper that will be requested time and time again by your family. Combine the delicious flavors of a taco and a beef casserole with this amazing dinner recipe that's a cinch to prepare and will soon become a go-to weeknight favorite!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Crumble ground beef into a 10-inch skillet. Add onion
3. Cook and stir until beef is light brown and onion is tender. Drain.
4. Add kidney beans (un-drained), tomato sauce, chili powder and garlic salt. Heat to boiling.
5. Pour half of the meat mixture into ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole and top with broken tortilla chips.
6. Pour remaining beef mixture over top and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
7. Cover and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly
8. Garnish with chopped green pepper and pimento, if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (247g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 279 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31g||41 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.5g||57 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.5g|
|Cholesterol 76.8mg||24 %|
|Sodium 759.9mg||26 %|
|Potassium 614.8mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.3g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.4g||25 %|
|Sugars, other 32g|
|Protein 25.5g||36 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 536
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.