**When preparing your jalapeno peppers for this recipe (de-seeding and de-veining), please consider wearing gloves, if you think you might have any irritation. It is not always necessary, but may be a good idea as a precaution.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine your cream cheese, cheddar cheese and chopped bacon. Spoon your mixture into the jalapeno halves creating a mound on top.
2. Add the milk, flour and bread crumbs into 3 separate pie plates or shallow bowls.
3. Dip your stuffed jalapenos into the milk, then the flour and let rest for 10 minutes to dry. Discard flour, as you will not need it any more.
3. Dip your stuffed jalapenos again into the milk, then roll them into the breadcrumbs. Let rest for 10 minutes to dry.
4. Dip your stuffed jalapenos again into the milk and then the breadcrumbs, making sure that you are completely coating the pepper in the breadcrumbs, as much as possible.
5. Heat oil in either a medium skillet or fryer to 365 degrees F (180 C) and fry for approximately 2 minutes and 30 seconds, until golden brown. Remove and let it drain on a paper towel lined plate.
Enjoy with cool sour cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (90g)|
|Recipe Makes: 32|
|Calories from Fat: 438 (89%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 48.7g||65 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.1g||35 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 28.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.1g|
|Cholesterol 20.9mg||6 %|
|Sodium 164.4mg||6 %|
|Potassium 100mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.5g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 9.3g|
|Protein 4.5g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 491
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.