I like my Baba Ganoush super-smoky, and leave the eggplants on the stovetop for a good 10 to 15 minutes, but for most people, that�s probably too much. Five or so minutes, until the skin gets a bit charred, is probably right for most �normal� folks. If you have smoked salt, you can use that to give it another hit of smoked flavor, too.
Sometimes I add a pinch of ground cumin. If you do, please just add just a bit. Baba Ganoush shouldn�t taste predominantly of cumin, which can quickly overwhelm.
1. Preheat the oven to 375F (190C).
2. Prick each eggplant a few times, then char the outside of the eggplants by placing them directly on the flame of a gas burner and as the skin chars, turn them until the eggplants are uniformly-charred on the outside. (If you don?t have a gas stove, you can char them under the broiler. If not, skip to the next step.)
3. Place the eggplants on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until they?re completely soft; you should be able to easily poke a paring knife into them and meet no resistance.
4. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. Split the eggplant and scrape out the pulp. Puree the pulp in a blender or food processor with the other ingredients until smooth.
6. Taste, and season with additional salt and lemon juice, if necessary. Chill for a few hours before serving. Serve with crackers, sliced baguette, or toasted pita chips.
Storage: Baba Ganoush can be made and refrigerated for up to five days
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (8g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 4 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.4g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 364.1mg||13 %|
|Potassium 13.4mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.9g|
|Protein 0.1g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 7
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!