1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, a pinch of salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. A couple dashes of hot sauce would be a good idea, too.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and chop them into 1/4-inch cubes. In a 10-inch sauté pan (or well-seasoned cast iron skillet), warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the potatoes and toss to coat, then sprinkle with cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt and stir. Cook the sweet potatoes, stirring occasionally, until they are cooked through and have brown marks, 10 to 15 minutes (add another little splash of olive oil if the potatoes start sticking to the pan).
3. Sprinkle the green onions on top of the potatoes, then the spinach. Cover the pan with a lid or cookie sheet if you have one, and cook until the spinach wilts, a minute or two.
4. Turn the heat down to low. Whisk the eggs one last time and pour them over the spinach. Crumble the goat cheese with your fingers or a fork over the top of the frittata. Put the pan in the oven and bake until you can shake the pan (wear oven mitts!) and see that the middle is just barely set, about 12 to 18 minutes.
5. Set the frittata aside for a few minutes before slicing it. Sprinkle with pepper and cilantro. Serve with hot sauce on the side. Toasted whole grain bread is a good idea, too.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (226g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 143 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.9g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.1g||36 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 389.6mg||120 %|
|Sodium 425.6mg||15 %|
|Potassium 516.7mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.8g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 14.3g|
|Protein 17.7g||25 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 279
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.