Start the Cream Sauce First:
1) Cauliflower: Bring the water or vegetable broth to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and cook, covered, for 7-10 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. DO NOT DRAIN.
2) Puree: Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower pieces to the blender. Add ½ cup vegetable broth or cooking liquid, minced garlic, melted butter (or olive oil), salt, pepper, and milk. Blend or puree for several minutes until the sauce is very smooth, adding more broth or milk depending on how thick you want the sauce. You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your blender. Set aside.
3) Boil Pasta: After the Cauliflower is done cooking and you’ve removed it with a slotted spoon from the pot (and the amount of broth you need), boil the package of whole wheat bowtie pasta in the pot of veggie broth (you can add some extra water if you need it).
Move to the rest of pasta ingredients:
4) Tempeh Bacon: While the Cauliflower is cooking for the sauce, melt 1-2 TBS vegan butter or olive oil in large saucepan to cook tempeh bacon. Once the tempeh bacon is browned, remove it from the pan and splash dry cooking sherry or white wine into the saucepan to deglaze it (scrape up all the yummy brown bits from the pan while the sherry/wine are sizzling, it will add extra flavor to the veggies you sauté.)
5) Sauté: Add onions to the saucepan and sauté until caramelized (you can add a little more olive oil if you need it), then add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Throw in the chopped kale and stir together with the onions and garlic until wilted. Crumble up the tempeh bacon in large pieces and add it back to the pan. Stir it all together. Remove the pan from heat until the cream sauce is done.
6) Combine: Once the cream sauce is blended up, add the cream sauce and the marinara sauce to the pan with the sautéed goodies! You may not want/need the whole jar of marinara, just mix in however much you want!
Dinner is ready as soon as the pasta is done boiling and the sauce is all combined!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (420g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 5 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 989.7mg||34 %|
|Potassium 619.4mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.3g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 20.2g|
|Protein 4.3g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 105
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!