1. Heat water, butter, and salt to boiling in saucepan.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in milk and potato flakes with fork until potatoes are well combined.
3. Combine prepared potatoes with the chopped bacon, sour cream, cheddar cheese and egg until
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pour the additional dried potato flakes into a shallow dish.
6. With a teaspoon, make small balls from the potato mixture and then drop them onto the potato flakes. Roll in the potato flakes so each mashed potato ball gets thoroughly coated (approximately 1 inch in diameter).
7. Set the coated potato balls aside on a plate and repeat with the rest of the potato mixture.
8. In a medium pot over medium-high heat, add approximately 2 inches of canola oil. Heat oil to
9. Fry the potato fritters a few at a time.
10. Once they are golden brown on all sides, remove with a slotted spoon and place them on a paper
towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
11. Repeat until all the fritters are fried.
12. Place all completed fritters in a 400 degree oven, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, until they are
heated through and crisp.
SPICED HONEY SOUR CREAM SAUCE
13. Mix sour cream, honey and cayenne together.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (147g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 117 (70%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.8g||39 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 66.1mg||20 %|
|Sodium 150.7mg||5 %|
|Potassium 98.8mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 7.9g|
|Protein 5.1g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 166
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.