- Cook bacon until crispness you desire (I prefer crispy!)
- While bacon is cooking butter one side of each of the bread slices
- Cut Granny Smith's into 1/4 inch slices or thicker if you desire
- Once bacon is cooked, set aside on paper towels to drain
- Lay buttered side of one slice in skillet and cook over medium heat
- Immediately "build" sandwich by adding a layer of mustard (as thin or thick as you like) to cooking bread, lay a slice of cheddar, then a few apple slices (as much as you desire), followed by bacon. Top with one more slice of cheddar, spread mustard on top bread slice and place bread on top of sandwich butter side up.
- When golden, flip and allow other side to cook
- Once both sides are browned, slice, serve and devour! I'll take 2!
Don't get all nerdified (a new word has just been born...) with it....have fun, just keep the heat lower and allow all of the ingredients to slowly melt into one another. To help with bread prep, you can butter the bread and place the buttered sides together to form a "stack". This will allow you to quickly grab, spread mustard and go. You can also cheat and save some time by using precooked bacon if you wish. A warm bowl of tomato soup is the perfect companion to these sandwiches on a cold day! Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (169g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 318 (70%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 35.4g||47 %|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.1g|
|Cholesterol 92.1mg||28 %|
|Sodium 1461.4mg||50 %|
|Potassium 427.5mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.8g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 11.3g|
|Protein 21.4g||31 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 457
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.