1. Preheat oven to 400; coat a 9" pie plate with butter
2. Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor.
3. Add butter and cream cheese, then blend until dough forms around theblade. Remove from processor, wrap in plastic, and chill 30 minutes (doughmay be made 1 day ahead).
4. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 12-14" diameter and 1/4"thick. Transfer to prepared pie plate, then trim and crimp the edges. Freeze dough until firm, line with foil and beans, and blind bake on abaking sheet for 25 minutes. Remove beans and foil, and continue baking for10-15 minutes, or until browned.
5. Saute bacon, sweet potato, and onions for the filling in butter in askillet over medium-high heat. Cook, covered, until potato is soft but notmushy, about 5 minutes. Stir in broccoli; set filling aside.
6. Whisk eggs, yolks, milk, cream, mustard, and seasonings together in ameasuring cup until blended.
7. Reduce oven to 375; fill crust with bacon and broccoli mixture, then pourin the custard.
8. Sprinkle with cheese, then bake 30 minutes, or until filling is set andtop is browned. For the neatest slices, cool quiche on a rack for 30minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition (calculated from recipe ingredients)---------------------------------------------- Calories: 472 Calories From Fat: 320 Total Fat: 36.4g Cholesterol: 238.8mg Sodium: 2568.5mg Potassium: 268mg Carbohydrates: 26.3g Fiber: 1.5g Sugar: 4g Protein: 11.3g
Recipe Source: Cuisine at home - April 2006
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (242g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 407 (69%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 45.3g||60 %|
|Saturated Fat 23.3g||117 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3g|
|Cholesterol 237.4mg||73 %|
|Sodium 612.8mg||21 %|
|Potassium 427mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 36.3g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 34.1g|
|Protein 12.8g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 591
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!