1. Soak almond/badam for 2-3 hours (suitable if soaked overnight) & peel off the skin before preparing this dish or boil them for 30 mins incase of last minute preparation.
2.Put the peeled almonds in a blender and add milk to it .It should be enough to cover them .
3.Blend it into a coarse paste .Avoid thin texture of paste due to excess of milk.
4. Heat the pan & add 2 tbsp ghee to it .As ghee melts add badam mixture & give a quick stir.
5. Add sugar keeping in mind 1:1 ratio of almond : sugar (more sugar can be added as per taste) Alternative Tip:- dilute the sugar by making sugar syrup & then adding it to the badam mixture.
6.Constantly stir the mixture as it can stick & burn from bottom.
7. Add Saffron & constantly stir as it boils from bottom.(Food color is optional if required)
8. Add additional tbsp of ghee while its boiling.Constant stirring is a must till ghee starts oozing out.
9. Once halwa separates out ghee its time to put it in a container & is ready to be served.
10. Garnish it with grated almonds/badam
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (120g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 35 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.9g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.2g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 12mg||4 %|
|Sodium 48mg||2 %|
|Potassium 171.6mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.4g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 5.4g|
|Protein 3.9g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 72
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!