1. Purée the almonds in a blender along with 2 tablespoons of milk to a smooth paste.
2. Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan, add the almond purée and stir continuously over a medium flame till it turns golden brown.
3. Rub the saffron in 1 teaspoon of warm water and keep aside.
4. Combine the milk and 2 tablespoons of water and bring to a boil. Add to the cooking almond mixture and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add the sugar, cardamom powder and cook till the sugar has dissolved while stirring continuously.
6. Serve hot, garnished with the sliced almonds.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (123g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2|
|Calories from Fat: 507 (73%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 56.3g||75 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.9g||74 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 28.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.6g|
|Cholesterol 50.3mg||15 %|
|Sodium 155.1mg||5 %|
|Potassium 515.4mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.9g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.8g||31 %|
|Sugars, other 32.1g|
|Protein 16.4g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 693
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.