1. Sift Whole-wheat flour through fine-mesh strainer into bowl of stand mixer; discard bran remaining in strainer.
2. Add all-purpose flour, salt, yeast, and malt powder, if using, to mixer bowl.
3. Fit stand mixer with dough hook, add water, and knead on low speed until cohesive dough forms and no dry flour remains, 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Transfer dough to lightly oiled large bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rest at room temperature for 39 minutes.
5. Holding edge of dough with your fingertips, fold dough over itself by gently lifting and folding edge of dough toward center ( see page 30). Turn bowl 45 degrees; fold again.
6. Turn bowl and fold dough 6 more times (total of 8 folds).
7. Cover with plastic and let rise for 30 minutes.
8. Repeat folding and rising every 30 minutes, 3 more times.
9. After fourth set of folds, cover bowl tightly with plastic and refrigerate for at least 24 hours or up to 72 hours.
10. Transfer dough to l ightly floured conter, pat into 8-inch square (do not deflate), and divide in half.
11. Return 1 piece of dough to container, wrap tightly with plastic, and refrigerate (dough can be shaped and baked anytime with 72-hour window).
12. Divide remaining dough in half crosswise, transfer to l ightly floured rimmed baking sheet, and cover loosely with plastic.
13. Let rest 45 minutes.
14. Shape per diagrams.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (35g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0.7mg||0 %|
|Potassium 8.9mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.7g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 19.6g|
|Protein 0.2g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 77
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!