1) Rinse the chicken pieces under cold running water, then drain and blot dry with paper towels. Place the pieces in a non-reactive bowl or baking dish and pour in the lime juice; turn the pieces to coat. Let marinate, at room temperature, for fifteen minutes, turning the pieces once or twice.
2) Pour off and discard the lime juice, then add the onion, garlic, chili, thyme, oil, paprika, salt, and pepper and turn the chicken pieces to coat thoroughly. Let the chicken marinated in this mixture for at least fifteen minutes or as long as 1 to 2 hours (the longer the better), covering and refrigerating if marinating the longer time.
3) Preheat the grill, using the two-tiered method.
4) When ready to cook, oil the grill grate. Using a rubber spatula, scrape any bits of onion or garlic off the chicken pieces. Arrange to pieces, skin side down on the grate over the hotter section of the grill and cook for three to five minutes, and finish cooking as directed in steps five and six.
5) After oiling the grill grate, place the pieces, skin side down, on the hotter section of the grill. Cook until the skin starts to brown, three to five minutes. Move the pieces to the cooler section of the grill and continue grilling until the skin is thoroughly browned, five to seven minutes more. Watch carefully and use tongs to move the pieces away from flare-ups.
6) Turn the pieces and move them back to the hotter section of the grill. Brown the second sides well (three to five minutes), and then move the pieces back to the cooler side of the grill to finish cooking. The total cooking time will be 16 to 24 minutes. When ready the chicken will be crisp and golden brown outside and juices will run clear when the meat is pierced.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (349g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 75 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.3g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.3g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 136.9mg||42 %|
|Sodium 159.9mg||6 %|
|Potassium 908.7mg||24 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.9g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 9.8g|
|Protein 56.3g||80 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 351
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.