Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
1) Put coconut into a large bowl.
2) Combine whiskey, vanilla, salt, and coffee in a small bowl.
3) Pour liquid mixture over coconut.
4) Mix through with a fork and set aside.
5) With the wisk attachments of an electric mixer, beat the egg whites on medium speed until foamy in another large bowl.
6) Gradually add the sugar and then continue beating for about 7 minutes until medium peaks form.
7) Fold coconut mixture into egg whites until combined.
8) Scoop tablespoon-sized balls onto parchment lined cookie sheets. *do not forgo the parchment or substitute silicone. I learned this the hard way.
9) Bake for 23-25 minutes until golden brown.
10) Immediately slide macaroons with parchment onto a cooling rack.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (9g)|
|Recipe Makes: 36 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 6 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.6g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 1.7mg||1 %|
|Sodium 8.7mg||0 %|
|Potassium 13.6mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.2g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.2g|
|Protein 0.5g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 12
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.