French Toast Bake
- Peel, core and cut pears into 1/4-inch thick slices
- In skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook brown sugar and corn syrup, stirring, until sugar is dissolved
- Add pears and cranberries and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes
- Whisk flour with 2 tbsp water; whisk into pan and cook until pears are tender and sauce is thickened and syrupy (about 12 minutes)
- Spread in greased baking dish and let cool for 20 minutes
- Layer bread over pear mixture
- Whisk together milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg and salt; pour over bread
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Stir sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over bread
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F until puffed and golden, about 50 minutes
- Let stand and serve
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (208g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 79 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.8g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.5g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 25.8mg||8 %|
|Sodium 827.5mg||29 %|
|Potassium 255.4mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.8g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 39.6g|
|Protein 3.4g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 251
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!