1. Cook macaroni; drain and rinse. Set to the side.
2. Melt butter over low heat; add flour, salt and pepper; stir until well blended. Remove from heat.
3. Gradually stir in milk to #2 and return to heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.
4. Combine hot white sauce, grated cheese, onion, mustard and Worcestershire sauce, reserving a little grated cheese for topping.
5. Add macaroni.
6. Place in a greased casserole dish. Top with buttered crumbs, renaming cheese and a dash of paprika.
7. Bake in a moderate oven (375 degrees F) about 25 minutes or until browned.
The white sauce recipe makes two cups. The Baked Macaroni and Cheese calls for three cups of white sauce, but not wanting to waste white sauce I have only done two cups. It tastes great this way, but if your a cheese maniac you could always make more white sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (226g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 191 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.3g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.9g||64 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 65.5mg||20 %|
|Sodium 355.6mg||12 %|
|Potassium 390.2mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.1g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 36.9g|
|Protein 18g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 416
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!