1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheight.
2) Cook onion, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes in 1 tablespoon oil in a
4-quart heavy pot over moderately high heat, stirring, until onion is softened,
about 3 minutes.
3) Stir in tomatoes and salt, then reduce heat and simmer briskly, stirring
frequently, until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes.
4) Stir shrimp into sauce and simmer, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are
just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
5) While sauce and shrimp are cooking, cook orzo in a 6-quart pot of boiling
salted water until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, then drain
orzo in a sieve. Return orzo to pot and toss with remaining tablespoon
oil. Stir in sauce with shrimp and reserved cooking water, then add olives
and salt and pepper to taste.
6) Spoon half of pasta into an oiled 9" by 13" glass baking dish, then sprinkle
with half of feta. Top with remaining pasta and feta, then bake in middle
of oven, uncovered, until cheese is slightly melted and pasta is heated
through, 10 to 15 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (178g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 11 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.2g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 5.8mg||0 %|
|Potassium 43.2mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.8g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 2.3g|
|Protein 0.4g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 26
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!