1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Bring the water to a rapid boil in a large pot. Gently place the eggs in the water and cook for 8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, form the sausage mix into eight 1/4" thick, 4" diameter patties. Place them on a sheet of parchment paper or a cutting board and set aside.
4. When the eggs are done, drain the hot water from the pot, then fill the pot with cold water and ice. Let the eggs chill in the ice bath for 2 minutes, then immediately peel them under the cold water.
5. Wrap the eggs: Place a pork patty in one hand. Using your other hand, place an egg in the center of the patty. Close your hand holding the pork around the egg an use your other hand to pinch the sausage closed. Gently shape the Scotch egg with both hands until it is smooth and even. Place the egg on a sheet pan, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining eggs and pork patties.
6. Brush or spray the eggs with the oil. Sprinkle with the hemp seeds and salt. Bake for 25 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and dig in. Or you can let cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (395g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 392 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 43.5g||58 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.5g||67 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.9g|
|Cholesterol 504.6mg||155 %|
|Sodium 868.3mg||30 %|
|Potassium 415.2mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.8g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.8g|
|Protein 29.7g||42 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 519
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!