1. Sprinkle yeast over warm water and let stand five minutes or until foamy.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the yeast mixture, milk, sugar, salt, eggs, shortening and two cups flour. Mix for a few minutes at low speed.
3. Beat in remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough no longer sticks to the bowl. Knead for about five minutes or until smooth and elastic.
4. Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about an hour or a bit longer.
5. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and gently roll out to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into circles. Let rise again until doubled in bulk.
6. Heat oven to 420 degrees F. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until golden. Place on a rack to cool slightly.
7. Fill with 1 T jelly using a pastry injector, or by cutting a small slit in the side of the doughnut and inserting the jelly with a baby spoon. Close tightly; sift confectioners' sugar over the tops.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (55g)|
|Recipe Makes: 40 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 66 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.4g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 22.1mg||7 %|
|Sodium 11.5mg||0 %|
|Potassium 45mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.7g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 28.2g|
|Protein 2.9g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 192
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.