1. Cook pasta el dente, drain.
2. Brown beef, drain well.
3. Heat large pan over medium high heat, add oil. Add vegetables and garlic and cook until soft. Add beef and stir well. Set aside.
4. Whisk together Ricotta, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper and mix well. Add spinach and stir thoroughly.
5. Mix spaghetti sauce and water together. Add 3/4 sauce to pasta and set aside remaining 1/4 of sauce.
In 18"X9" baking dish, assemble as follows:
1. Put 1/3 pasta mixture in baking dish and spread evenly. Spread with 1/2 ricotta mixture. Evenly distribute 1/2 vegetable/beef mixture, then with 1/3 mozzarella then 1/3 parmesan. Repeat.
2. Add rest of pasta mixture. Top with reserved sauce, spreading evenly. Add rest of the mozzarella and Parmesan.
3. Bake at 350* oven for 30 minutes until lightly browned and thoroughly heated.
There is no "perfect" in this dish. Feel free to add or substitute any vegetables you would like to make it your own!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (368g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 292 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 32.5g||43 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.1g||76 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 151mg||46 %|
|Sodium 735.4mg||25 %|
|Potassium 637.9mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 56.4g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 51.7g|
|Protein 41.4g||59 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 689
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.