1. Add milk to mix. Blend with flat beater at low speed 25 to 30 seconds.
2. Divide dough into fourths; turn out on floured board. Knead each fourth lightly 12 to 15 strokes.
3. Roll to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with a 2-inch floured biscuit cutter and place on greased bun pans. Cover with dampened cloth for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Bake in very hot oven (450 degrees) for 10 to 12 minutes.
1. Sour milk biscuits - substitute 3 1/2 cups sour milk for sweet milk and add 2 teaspoons soda.
2. cheese biscuits - add 2 cups grated cheese to dry ingredients.
3. Jam snacks - roll dough 1/4 inch thick. cut half of dough with 2-inch biscuit cutter, the other half with a 2 inch doughnut cutter. Spread plain rounds with jam. Top with "doughnut" rounds, fill center holes with more jam.
4. Peanut butter wheels - roll dough 1/4 inch thick. spread with peanut butter filling: 2 lb (1 qt) peanut butter mixed with 1/2 cup cream. Roll as for jelly roll. Cut 3/8 inch slices with knife dipped in hot water. Bake on greased bun pans.
Another recipe for those needing large batch cooking. But can be cut down to more family friendly portions.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (22g)|
|Recipe Makes: 120 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0.7mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2.8mg||0 %|
|Potassium 10mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.3g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.3g|
|Protein 0.2g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!