1. In medium bowl, combine walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, cloves and lemon zest
2. Lighly spray a 9"x13:" baking pan with cooking spay
3. Place 20 sheets of filo on bottom of pan,spraying with butter as you layer
4. Spread 1/2 walnut mixture
5. Layer another 15 sheets of filo,spraying each layer with butter
6. Bake at 350 for 45 - 60 min until golden brown
7. In the meantime, mix all syrup ingredients in small saucepan except lemon peel. Bring to a slight boil until all ingredients are incorporated. Remove from heat,stir in lemon peel.
8. Cool slightly; create slits with small paring knife; pour warm syrup evenly over entire baklava until saturated and top has thin layer of syrup. Baklava will absorb it. Let stand until cool; cut into 9 squares.Insert whole clove into center of each piece for garnish (optional)
Perfect every time!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (242g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 455 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 50.5g||67 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.9g||69 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 22.8g|
|Cholesterol 40.6mg||13 %|
|Sodium 12190.2mg||420 %|
|Potassium 284.4mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 67.1g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.9g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 62.2g|
|Protein 13.7g||20 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 755
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!