1. Heat the oven to 160C. Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
2. Wash the orange well and finely grate the peel.
3. Peel the bananas and place them in a wide, shallow baking dish and mash with a potato masher till smooth. Add in the vanilla extract, yoghurt and orange peel.
4, Put the flour, baking powder and bi-carb soda in a small bowl and mix together
5. Heat the butter in the microwave for 20~30 seconds to soften. In a large bowl beat the softened butter and sugar togther with electric beaters till pale in colour, scraping down the sides with a plastic spatula several times.
6. Whisk the eggs together with a fork and add to the mixture a third at a time , beating well after each addition. Add the banana mixture and beat again. The mixture will look very curdled at this stage but that is normal.
7. Add the flour to the mixture a third at time, and gently beat with the electric beaters.
8. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake 50-60 minutes until the top is firm and a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean. Lean in the pan for 5 minutes to cool slightly and then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (95g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 89 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.9g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.4g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 51.8mg||16 %|
|Sodium 854.8mg||29 %|
|Potassium 300.7mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.7g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 30.2g|
|Protein 5.8g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 239
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!