1. In a mixing bowl, add in egg yolks, sugar and oil beat until sugar dissolved (hand whisk only)
2. Add mashed banana, vanilla essence, stir well
3. Fold in the cake flour and salt. Whisk until all well incorporated and become smooth batter
5. Set the egg yolk banana batter aside
1. Using a clean and dry bowl, add egg white and lemon juice/vinegar
2. Use electric mixer (low speed to avoid large air pocket) and start beating
3. Slowly adding sugar into the meringue in 3-4 batches
4. Beat until become stiff peak
1. Using hand whisk, gently fold 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk banana batter, mix well. Repeat until all meringue all fold into the batter
2. Do not over stirred/mixed otherwise cake will not rise well and not fluffy
3. Pour batter gently into 8" tubepan
4. Bake at preheated oven 160c for 35-40 minutes (convection oven w/ fan)
5. When done, remove cake tin from oven, overturn the tin upside down on a cooling rack
6. Un-mould when the cake is cool down and place on wire rack or start decorating
Chiffon Tubepan size 8"
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (513g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 486 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 54g||72 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.3g||47 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 29.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 13g|
|Cholesterol 839.1mg||258 %|
|Sodium 255mg||9 %|
|Potassium 940.6mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 139.8g||41 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 134.5g|
|Protein 32.7g||47 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1161
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!