Try this Banana Chiffon Tart recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Preheat oven to 190 C/375 F/gas 5. In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the biscuit crumbs. Mix until well combined.
2. Press the mixture into the base and side of a 23cm (9 inch) pie dish. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
3. In a small saucepan, mix together the lemon juice with 1 tablespoon cold water. Sprinkle over the gelatine and allow to absorb. Gently heat until the mixture turns clear. Remove from the heat.
4. Mix together the bananas and the lemon rind. Add the gelatine and mix thoroughly.
5. Whip 200ml (7 fl oz) cream until soft peaks form. Gradually fold in the castor sugar until completely incorporated.
6. Fold the cream mixture into the banana mixture and pour over the biscuit crust. Chill for 30 minutes, or until set.
7. To decorate, whip the remaining cream until it forms soft peaks. Spread over the tart.
Cooks Tip: This tart is best eaten on the day it is made as bananas discolor on keeping. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (61g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (3%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 3.6mg||0 %|
|Potassium 211.5mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.5g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 11.9g|
|Protein 2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 58
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.