Reprinted with permission from food blogger Diana B., Flip Flops and Avocados
For the donuts: Preheat oven to 350°F, rack in middle
1. In a medium bowl combine the coconut milk and vinegar, set aside. If using coconut milk the mixture will look clumpy like buttermilk, this is ok.
2. Mash the bananas. Measure 1 cup and place in medium bowl, add the vanilla extract and set aside.
3. Use a large sifter and place it over a large bowl - combine the flours, baking soda, sea salt, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Use a whisk to mix the dry ingredients through the sifter and mix again with the whisk once it passes through the sifter.
4. Add the coconut milk mixture to the bananas and mix very well, add the coconut oil and mix well again. Add this to the dry ingredients using a large spoon or whisk, mix until combined, do not over mix.
5. Using a spoon, quickly add mixture to the donut pans. You may need to use your clean finger to spread it evenly. Bake on the middle rack for 26 minutes.
6. When done let the donuts cool in the pan for 5 minutes on a wire rack. Then carefully take out of the pan by flipping over onto the rack and continue cooling. Must be cool before adding the glaze.
For the glaze:
1. Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa in a small bowl then combine milk and vanilla for a thick but easy to dribble consistency.
2. Glaze donuts by using a spoon and holding a donut over the glaze bowl, working back and forth drizzling the glaze. Add your toppings after each donut is glazed so toppings will stick.
Only use very ripe bananas and mash well. I grind my sugar to a powder using spice grinder.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (200g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 116 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.9g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.7g||43 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 4954.8mg||171 %|
|Potassium 294.7mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 61.4g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 58g|
|Protein 4.9g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 368
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.