1. Whisk coconut milk, egg yolks and vanilla together over medium heat. Stir constantly with whisk or wooden spoon until mixture starts to thicken
2. Remove from heat
3. In a small frying pan, heat the coconut oil and almond butter over medium heat and add slightly mashed bananas along with cinnamon. You're just cooking long enough to let bananas start to caramelize somewhat.
4. Pour the coconut milk and egg mixture into a food processor or blender along with the cooked bananas and process until smooth and creamy.
5. Empty contents into a bowl and place a layer of plastic wrap directly on the surface. this will prevent a skin from forming.
6. Refrigerate to chill and serve topped with some sliced bananas.
Recommend a good amount of cinnamon and a scoop of stevia. Can thin out with some almond milk to desired consistency.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (157g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 215 (77%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.9g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 19g||95 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 69.9mg||22 %|
|Sodium 14.9mg||1 %|
|Potassium 428.9mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.9g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 15.2g|
|Protein 3.7g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 279
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.