1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare baking sheets lined with parchment paper or silpats.
2. In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In another small bowl, stir to combine the mashed banana and sour cream. Set aside.
4. Beat the butter, sugar, and light brown sugar on medium high for about three minutes, until light and fluffy.
5. Add the egg and vanilla to the butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
6. Add the banana mixture and the flour to the butter in two separate additions, alternating between wet and dry.
7. Using a scoop or a piping bag fitted with a large round tip, form small mounds of batter on the silpat, leaving about 1-1 1/2 inches between each mound.
8. Bake 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven when done (cake will spring back if pressed lightly) and let cool completely before filling.
for nutella cream cheese frosting:
1/2 stick butter, at room temperature, cut into small cubes
8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup nutella
1 tspn vanilla
1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1. Beat the butter and cream cheese on medium high for about three minutes, until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the nutella and vanilla extract to the butter and cream cheese mixture until completely incorporated.
3. Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until the desired consistency (~stiff peaks) is reached.
4. Using a piping bag or spoon, spread a small amount of frosting onto the bottom of half of the cakes and sandwich together with the other half. Roll in sprinkles, if desired.
5. Keep refrigerated until serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (117g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 32 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.6g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.2g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 20.9mg||6 %|
|Sodium 1526.7mg||53 %|
|Potassium 180.3mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.8g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 8.6g|
|Protein 3.7g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 82
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!