1. Toss chicken with salt in bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Combine sweet paprika, sugar, and smoked paprika in bowl. Process bacon in food processor until smooth paste forms, 30 to 45 seconds, scraping down bowl as needed. Add spice mixture and bacon paste to chicken and mix until ingredients are thoroughly combined and chicken is completely coated. Thread chicken tightly onto four 12-inch metal skewers.
3. FOR A GAS GRILL: Turn all burners to high, cover, and heat grill until hot, about 15 minutes. Leave primary burner on high and turn off other burner(s).
4. Clean and oil cooking grate. Place skewers on hot part of grill and cook (covered if using gas), turning kebabs every 2 minutes, until well browned, 8 to 10 minutes. (If flare-ups occur, slide kebabs to cool part of grill until fire dies down.) Brush kebabs with ¼ cup sauce, flip, and cook until sauce is sizzling and browning in spots, about 1 minute. Brush second side with remaining ¼ cup sauce, flip, and continue to cook until sizzling and browning in spots and chicken registers 160 degrees, about 1 minute longer.
5. Transfer skewers to serving platter, tent loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve, passing reserved sauce separately.
PER SERVING: Cal 290; Fat 6g; Sat fat 1.5g; Chol 95mg; Carb 23g; Protein 37g; Fiber 1g; Sodium 750mg
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (210g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 59 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.6g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 94mg||29 %|
|Sodium 987mg||34 %|
|Potassium 639.8mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.3g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 7.6g|
|Protein 37.5g||54 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 267
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.