This is worth assembling the ingredients for your own barbecue sauce. I loved basting the chicken over the barbecue grill. This recipe originated from my mother, which got me hooked on taste of home recipes. I like the personal comments to recipes & have loved TOH ever since (hey.. like Big Oven too! go fig!)
1. Heat barbecue/grill.
2. Pat chicken pieces dry so seasoning coats well; set aside.
3. Combine seasoning mix ingredients
4. Sprinkle generously over both sides of the chicken. Reserve 1 tablespoon mix for sauce.
Store leftovers in a covered container.
5. Grill chicken, skin side down, uncovered, over medium coals for 20 minutes.
6. Turn; grill 20 to 30 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
7. Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
8. During the last 10 minutes of grilling, brush chicken often with sauce.
I have been cooking this for a decade & now a staple in our home. This came from the very first 'Taste of Home' computer cookbook.
To reduce the sodium amount, you can replace "Mrs Dash" type seasoning with the salt.
"We don't fry foods much anymore and prefer to barbecue, so I adapted my mother's recipe for barbecue sauce to suit our tastes," declares Linda Scott of Hahira, Georgia. "Every summer, we have a neighborhood cookout. I take this chicken and watch it disappear!"
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (389g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 458 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 50.9g||68 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.5g||73 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 21g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11g|
|Cholesterol 252mg||78 %|
|Sodium 685.9mg||24 %|
|Potassium 841.4mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.7g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 18.1g|
|Protein 63.5g||91 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 796
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.