1. Soak the dried porcini in hot water until soft. Drain the mushrooms and squeeze them out, reserving all the soaking liquid. Strain or decant the liquid to remove any sand or grit. Chop the mushrooms.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy pot. Add the onion and celery. Saute briefly.
3. Add the barley and saute briefly, as for making rice pilaf.
4. Add the stock and mushroom liquid. Bring to a boil. Stir in the chopped mushrooms and the ham. Add salt to taste.
5. Cover tightly. Cook on top of the stove over low heat or in the oven at 325 F until the barley is tender and the liquid is absorbed. 30-45 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (136g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 31 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.5g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 2.5mg||1 %|
|Sodium 114.8mg||4 %|
|Potassium 156.8mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.4g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 19.6g|
|Protein 5.1g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 146
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!