1. Wash the rice well and leave to soak in water for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the cinnamon, bay leaf, cumin seeds, cardomoms and onion and cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the ginger, garlic, tumeric, salt and potato and cook for 1 minute
4. Drain the rice and add to the potato and spices in the pan.
5. Stir to mix, then pour on the water followed by the coriander. Cover and cook for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from heat and leave to stand, still covered, for 5 - 10 minutes before serving.
Eaten with Balti Chicken in Hara Masala sauce and Balti Lamb with Peas & Potato
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (271g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 25 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.8g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 14mg||0 %|
|Potassium 545.9mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.8g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 37.1g|
|Protein 4.7g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 205
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.