1. Remove all visible fat from the chicken and toss it in the crock pot.
2. Place the onion slices on top of the chicken.
3. Pour the barbecue sauce over top.
4. You may not need the entire jar, just enough to cover the chicken.
5. Cook it on LOW for 8 hours or until the chicken is nice and tender.
6. Shred the chicken with a fork and knife; scoop the mixture onto the bottom buns and top it with the top buns.
7. Or, if you're like my dad, you might prefer leaving the breasts whole and eating it that way.
9. An easy weeknight meal that doesn't heat up your kitchen in the summertime!
10. I love this with potato chips and a carrot and raisin salad.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (259g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 50 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.5g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.2g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 68.3mg||21 %|
|Sodium 416.6mg||14 %|
|Potassium 474.8mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.9g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 36.9g|
|Protein 33.7g||48 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 346
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!