1. Melt butter in a large ont over medium heat.
2. While butter is melting, heat the milk in a separate pot over medium-low heat or microwave it ofr one to two minutes until it’s quite warm but not boiling.
3. When butter is melted, sprinkle the flour over the top and whisk in. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, for two to three minutes, until the mixture just starts to turn a light golden colour
4. Continuing to whisk, slowly pour in the warmed milk and season the I turn with the salt, pepper, herbes de Provence, and nutmeg. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick, creamy and coats the back of a spoon.
5. Once thick, whisk in the pecorino Romano and Gruyere. Keep it over low heat so that it stays warm.
Can be made up to 4 days in advance and kept in fridge.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (61g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 54 (61%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.6g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 18.2mg||6 %|
|Sodium 218.4mg||8 %|
|Potassium 79.2mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 4.5g|
|Protein 3.9g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 88
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!