- In large saucepan, fry the bacon until crisp.
- Remove and drain on paper towels. Let cool. Chop and set aside
- Over medium heat, add the carrot to the pan drippings in the dutch oven and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the celery, onion, and garlic, stirring well and cooking for 3 minutes more.
- Add the beans and chicken broth and 1 can of water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, ad reduce heat to low.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and with a potato masher partially mash the bean mixture until it thickens slightly.
- Stir in the parsley, salt, pepper, and bacon.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (35g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 6 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.7g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0.9mg||0 %|
|Sodium 284.7mg||10 %|
|Potassium 111.4mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 2.2g|
|Protein 0.7g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 20
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.