1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Make Ahead Tip: Store croutons (Steps 1-2) airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Tear bread into 1/2- to 1-inch irregular pieces.
Place on a large baking sheet & toss with 1 tbsp oil. Season with pepper.
Bake until golden brown and crisp, 10 - 12 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp oil in a large skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium heat. Remove sausage from casing and cook, breaking it up, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Let the pan cool.
4. Pour off any oil left in pan, add remaining 1 tbsp oil & place over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add rapini & cook, stirring, until wilted and tender but still bright green, 4 to 6 minutes. (Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water if the greens seem dry.)
5. Add beans, bean-cooking liquid (or water), the sausage and 1/8 teaspoon salt to the pan, stirring to combine; bring to a simmer. Make 4 indentations in the bean mixture and break an egg into each one. Season the eggs with the remaining pinch of salt and pepper. Cover the pan and cook the eggs, checking occasionally, until desired doneness: 3 to 5 minutes for soft-set yolks, 7 to 9 minutes for hard-set yolks.
6. Top the bean mixture and eggs with the croutons and serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (326g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 110 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.2g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 423mg||130 %|
|Sodium 347.3mg||12 %|
|Potassium 567.1mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.8g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 26.3g|
|Protein 24.7g||35 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 304
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.